On behaviorbasedsafety.org is available for downolad a free version of a database in Excel for managing observations in a process of behavior-based safety. This version is fully functional and free to use (up to 30 users / observers and unlimited number of observations); it has (compared to the version available for a fee of www.safeyoscar.com ALI) some limited functionality in data recording (eg, they can be entered up to a maximum of 10 behaviors) and the management and analysis of the observations; However, the possibility of extracting the data from the user is unlimited.
This Behavior Based Safety Software lends itself to an easy use and easy especially in the organizational units of small and medium-sized and has been widely used by ALI over the years; course units in organizative more are preferable solutions on platforms with higher performance and greater possibilities of analysis.
The database can be downloaded from this link:
–Save the data base in the local
– Enable macros necessary for the operation
-Go to the worksheets “setup” and enter
1) the name of the observers (it is required for the operation of the data-base in the name of the observer)
2) departments and sectors (Optional)
3) the behaviors to be observed
– Now go to the worksheet “Data Entry”. Find the predetermined behaviors during the setup on the right column.
– Press the button “Prepare insert new observation”
— Enter data for: observer (required), date, time, department, sector and any comments. Then enter numeric data in correspondence with each behavior (fail in the green space and at risk in the orange box)
– Now press the button “Save data …“. The data is loaded in the sheet “Series Comments»
– If you make a mistake you can use the button “Cancel Entry …”
You can see, through specific graphics
– percentage of safety and number of observations for each behavior
– percentage of the overall safety
In the sheet “series comments” you can extract data and analyze them with appropriate methods.
For any inquiries please contact us!